Since 2002 HREA has offered over 500 scholarships, in part through support from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Open Society Institute and the Charles Hughes Memorial Foundation. Unfortunately, we are no longer in a position to offer full scholarships.
However, we encourage prospective applicants to explore some of the following scholarship opportunities offered by large foundations and governments. We will continue to add new and more detailed information as it become available.
Bilateral and Multilateral Donors
Most of these donors have embassies, missions or representative offices in countries around the world.
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Commonwealth Fund for Technical Cooperation
- Danish Ministry for Development Cooperation (Danida)
- Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Finnida)
- German Association for International Development
- Japan International Cooperation Agency
- Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD)
- Organisation internationale de la Francophonie
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Foundations and others