Re: Human rights-based approaches to education

Dear Clare,

We have also been investigating the use of right based approaches
particularly as it relates to health programs.  We convened a conference on
this topic early this year and have developed a database of presentations
that were given, some of which relate to education.  They are available via
our database at http://humanrights.doctorsforglobalhealth.org/ .  I would
recommend searching by key word "education".  Then you can read the
particular abstracts and find contact information for the authors.

Best of luck.

Dabney

__________________________________
Dabney Evans, MPH, CHES
1525 Clifton Road, Office 108
Rollins School of Public Health
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
Phone: 404.727.3061 Fax: 404.727.8768
E-mail: Dabney.Evans@emory.edu
http://humanrights.emory.edu

On Monday, 19 September 2005, Clare Magill wrote:

>We are developing a set of guidelines and examples where education
planning and programming is >being undertaken from a rights-based approach.
<snip>

>If you can provide examples or suggest initiatives please contact:
<snip>

======== Asia Pacific Human Rights Education listserv ========
Send mail intended for the list to <       >.
If you have problems (un)subscribing, contact <          >.