Requests for Information: 21 - 27 May 2007

Dear members,

Below is a compilation of requests for information sent to the Global
Human Rights Education listserv during the past week. At the bottom of
each request you will find an e-mail address, so that you can respond to
the request directly.

-----------------------

CONTENTS

1. Looking for financial support to participate in MA Programme at UPEACE
2. Seeking sponsorship for graduate certificate in human rights study
3. Seeking information on human rights training for the judiciary
(Nigeria)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1. LOOKING FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO PARTICIPATE IN MA PROGRAMME AT UPEACE

Dear colleagues,

I was recently admitted to a master degree programme in Media, Conflict
and Peace Studies in the United Nations mandated University for Peace
(www.upeace.org), in San José, Costa Rica. The programme starts in
August 22nd. I was awarded a partial financial assistance but have to pay
expenses such as housing, transportation and meals, besides round trip and
medical insurance.

I would like to know if you know of any institution who can give financial
aid. Without this aid, I won´t be able to pursue my studies.

My best regards,

Ana Claudia Menezes
Journalist
Brazil
E-mail: <        >

----------

2. SEEKING SPONSORSHIP FOR GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN HUMAN RIGHTS STUDY

Dear all,

I am a Chin ethnic of Myanmar, migrated to India (border area) and
continued education there. I also involved in migrant workers and refugee
issues with Indigenous issues from there for Chin people. I also
cooperated with the human right education for Burmese peoples. I had the
experience of UNWGIP and UNITAR in 2006 in indigenous issues.

I got invitation for Graduate Certificate study in Human Rights in
Australia. I need anyone who can guide me and help me for scholarship for
further study in human rights so that I can do much more good for my
people.

Thanking you.

Mr. T.K.Thanga (Salai Thangte)
E-mail: <       >

----------

3. SEEKING INFORMATION ON HUMAN RIGHTS TRAINING FOR THE JUDICIARY
(NIGERIA)

Dear all,

I am Adeola Adedayo, a Chief Magistrate with the Lagos State Judiciary in
Nigeria. I am interested in being trained extensively in human rights
violations as it affects the judiciary. I welcome information on this.

Thank you.

Adeola Adedayo
E-mail: <         >

======== Global Human Rights Education listserv =======
Send mail intended for the list to <           >.
Archives of the list can be found at:
http://www.hrea.org/lists/hr-education/
**You are welcome to reprint, copy, archive, quote or re-post this
item, but please retain the original and listserv source.