Requests for Information: 14 - 20 May 2007

Dear members,

Below is a compilation of requests for information sent to the Global
Human Rights Education listserv during the past week. At the bottom of
each request you will find an e-mail address, so that you can respond to
the request directly.

-----------------------

CONTENTS

1. Seeking scholarship for PhD in human rights
2. Looking for training and scholarship opportunities
3. Request for human rights literacy questionnaire to measure and compare
levels of human rights awareness of NGO advocates as well as
politicians, soldiers & policemen
4. Offering accommodation and translation services to researchers and
practitioners in human rights and HIV/Aids research (Kenya)
5. Looking for training materials on human rights-based programming

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1. SEEKING SCHOLARSHIP FOR PHD RESEARCH IN HUMAN RIGHTS

I hold a masters degree in human rights from Makerere University (Kampala,
Uganda). I would like to further my human rights career by undertaking a
PhD in the same field. I'm looking for a scholarship to study from our
local university. I will be grateful for any information parttaining the
above subject.

Semwanga Fredrick
Human Rights Campaign-Uganda
E-mail: <        >

----------

2. LOOKING FOR TRAINING AND SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES

Dear colleagues,

I am trainer in civil society issues in Iraq. I am a student now in
distance learning course in Beskrud University-Norway in human rights and
interested in NGO work in the Arab world so I am seeking your cooperation
and coordination. Please inform me if you have any course training or
scholarship in any above issues.

Regards,

Ardalan Askar
Iraq
E-mail: <          >

----------

3. REQUEST FOR HUMAN RIGHTS LITERACY QUESTIONNAIRE TO MEASURE AND COMPARE
LEVELS OF HUMAN RIGHTS AWARENESS OF NGO ADVOCATES AS WELL AS POLITICIANS,
SOLDIERS & POLICEMEN

Dear human rights advocates:

My NGO has just signed a MOA with the Commission on Human rights and the
National Press Club in order to assist in the promotion, education,
protection and monitoring of human rights in the Philippines. I'm looking
for existing Human Rights Literacy Survey Questionnaire, if you have any
which I can use to measure and compare levels of Human Rights awareness of
NGO advocates as well as soldiers and policemen.

Dr. Antonio C. Roldan, Jr., President
Filipino Alliance Movement - Support Group
Email: <             >

----------

4. OFFERING ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSLATION SERVICES TO RESEARCHERS AND
PRACTITIONERS IN HUMAN RIGHTS AND HIV/AIDS RESEARCH (KENYA)

Dear colleagues,

We are seeking to offer help to the human rights activists, practioners
and reseachers who seek to establish the cudp between human rights and HIV
and Aids. Our organization deals offers education to Aids orphans and
cares for People Living With Aids. We therefore offer free accomodation
and translators to those human rights researchers and practioners from the
developed countries only who are considering fieldwork, internship on this
discipline and you will also have easy access to the affected and
infected. If you are interested contact us.

Geoffrey Ngwabi
P.O. Box 4033
Kisumu 40103
Kenya
E-mail: <          >

----------

5. LOOKING FOR TRAINING MATERIALS ON HUMAN RIGHTS-BASED PROGRAMMING

Dear All,

I would be very grateful for any hints on good training and other
materials on the Human Rights Based Approach to Programming (HRBAP).

Thank you very much.

Verena Lahousen
E-mail: <          >

======== Global Human Rights Education listserv =======
Send mail intended for the list to <            >.
Archives of the list can be found at:
http://www.hrea.org/lists/hr-education/
**You are welcome to reprint, copy, archive, quote or re-post this
item, but please retain the original and listserv source.