Requests for Information: 26 June - 2 July 2006

Dear members,

Below is a compilation of requests for information sent to the Global
Human Rights Education listserv during the past week. At the bottom of
each request you will find an e-mail address, so that you can respond to
the request directly.

-----------------------

CONTENTS

1. Requesting resources/materials on HRE in schools (Sierra Leone)
2. Seeking partnerships with regional and international youth communities
(Myanmar)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1. REQUESTING RESOURCES/MATERIALS ON HRE IN SCHOOLS (SIERRA LEONE)

Dear Sir/Madam,

C.I.PU. (Component Integrated Planning Unit) deals primarily with issues
affecting the girl-child and women in rural communities. It has
established Human Rights School Education clubs for school children in
junior and senior secondary schools in four districts of Sierra Leone.
There are in total a number of 37 junior secondary schools and 24 senior
secondary schools in this membership.

What C.I.P.U. is intending to do now is to try and established the root
causes of lawlessness, indiscipline, nonchallent attitudes and other
psycho-social disorders especially prevalent in the urban areas and how to
prevent it from spilling over to the rural communities. We would be
grateful if you can please send us this materials plus any other that can
be of resource to our organisation.

We also appreciate any educative materials sent to us through our postal
address and to recognise as an affiliate partner.

Postal address:

Mr Abdul Etima-Ndomahina
Country Co-ordinator
Component Integrated Planning Unit (C.I.P.U.)
79 Pademba Road
3rd Floor, West Wing
Freetown, Sierra Leone
West Africa
Mobile: 00232-76-789-766 /635/937

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks,

Etima- Ndomahina
Country Co-ordinator
E-mail: <      >

----------

2. SEEKING PARTNERSHIPS WITH REGIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL YOUTH COMMUNITIES
(MYANMAR)

Dear All,

Let me introduce about our group and what we are doing. We are youth from
Myanmar formerly known as (Burma). Our group open a youth oriented library
called Information Center for Every Youth. Our center has about 700 to 800
members, most of which are youths. We set up this information center to
help our fellow youth who want to pursue formal or informal education.

ICE Youth's desire is to help poor children and youths in their further
education. It is neither a religious nor political but just an educational
and informational organization. As our country is still in developing
state it is a bit difficult for us to obtain resources and educational
opportunities for our beneficiaries. So we have to look for those who
would like to help us in accessing the resources and opportunities for
youths in Myanmar. And we also want to build a bridge with regional and
international youth communities to share experiences, learn different
culture and learn from different societies. We welcome any kind of help
for our youths.

You can contact us at:
124/126, Pansodan St.
Kyauktada Tsp.
Yangon,
Myanmar
Phone: 95-1-377062
Website: http://www.iceyouth.info

More information about our visions and objectives is available at
http://orgs.takingitglobal.org/8237

Thank you for taking time to read the message.

Regards,

Phyo Win Latt
Freelance Journalist/ Writer
Director, Policy
Myanmar Youth Knowledge Initiative
Master of Arts in International Development Studies
Center of Social Development Studies
Faculty of Political Science
Chulalongkorn University
E-mail: <      >

======== Global Human Rights Education listserv =======
Send mail intended for the list to <     >.
Archives of the list can be found at:
http://www.hrea.org/lists/hr-education/
**You are welcome to reprint, copy, archive, quote or re-post this
item, but please retain the original and listserv source.