7th Geneva International Model United Nations (March 2006)

Dear Colleagues,

In March 2006 the 7th GIMUN (Geneva International Model United Nations)
will take place. Should you not be familiar with MUN conferences, here a
brief explanation of the general concept and of our next conference:

The GIMUN is a bilingual model of the United Nations conferences at a high
academic level (for students and recent graduates from university or other
institutes of higher education) with about 150 participants each year from
all over the world. It is organized by students of the Graduate Institute
of International Studies (HEI, Geneva) and other universities and takes
place in the « Palais des Nations », the United Nations Office at Geneva,
Switzerland. For its 2006 edition, the GIMUN has already reformed the UN!
Participants thus have the option to become delegates in the extended
Security Council (24 member states) or in the new Human Rights Council,
which replaces the Commission on Human Rights.

We are every year very keen on having students from as many different
countries as possible. Unfortunately we are always very limited in
providing financial assistance to potential participants from developing
countries. Knowing your programm we thought that some of your students
might be interested in participating at our next conference. Normally the
following positions are available for the next conference:

- Delegate in one of the 6 following committees:
 o Security Council
 o Human Rights Council
 o Conference on Disarmament
 o World Trade Organization
 o Executive Committee of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees
 o United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
- Ambassador (head of a state’s delegation coordinating the delegates
in the different committees)
- Journalist reporting for the daily GIMUNews

I don't know if it would even be posible for your institute to support
potential participants with some financial aid, since we are always very
limited in our funds. Please, let me know if you are interested and if we
should send you some more information about the GIMUN. You can find any
relevant information on our website www.gimun.org {http://www.gimun.org}.

Yours sincerely,

Best regards,

Daniela Hauser
Registration
Geneva International Model United Nations - GIMUN 2006
132, Rue de Lausanne CP36 • CH - 1211 Genève 21
registration@gimun.org •
http://www.gimun.org

======== Global Human Rights Education listserv =======
Send mail intended for the list to <      >.
Archives of the list can be found at:
{http://www.hrea.org/lists/hr-education/ }
**You are welcome to reprint, copy, archive, quote or re-post this
item, but please retain the original and listserv source.