Requests for information: 23 - 29 September 2002

Dear members,

Below is a compilation of requests for information sent to the Global
Human Rights Education listserv during the past week. At the bottom of
each request you will find an e-mail address, so that you can respond to
the request directly.

-----------------------

CONTENTS

1. Requesting information on long distance masters program
2. Seeking participation in human rights training session or conferences in
Canada
3. Calling upon former and current student leaders in Africa
4. Looking for information on LLM in Human Rights in the United Kingdom
5. Looking for courses in international humanitarian assistance (nutrition
in conflict and disasters)
6. Request for information about NGOs and other organisations in the Peace
Movement

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1. REQUESTING INFORMATION ON LONG DISTANCE MASTERS PROGRAM

I would like to get information on long distance Masters Program in Women
Studies especially on Gender and Development or Human Rights. I would also
like to get information on any Universities offering Masters by Research
in in the same areas. My email address is <j_anam@yahoo.com>.

Thank you.

Jacqueline

Jacky Anam
E-mail: j_anam@yahoo.com

----------

2. SEEKING PARTICIPATION IN HUMAN RIGHTS TRAINING SESSION OR CONFERENCES
IN CANADA

Dear all,

I am working in the Arab Institute for Human Rights. I have a master's in
Human Rights and a master's in American Civilisation. I would like to
participate in a conference or a training session on human rights in
general, women, child rights..., or any other area of human rights, in
Canada.

I have a fluent English, French, Arabic and Italian.

I am thankful to your attention.

Ms. Rym Ben Slama
AIHR
Tunis, Tunisia
E-mail: bobtitn@yahoo.com

----------

3. CALLING UPON FORMER AND CURRENT STUDENT LEADERS IN AFRICA

I am a former student leader at the university of Nairobi currently
serving a suspension term but continuing with studies at another African
university. I am calling upon all progressive student leaders and former
student leaders in the continent to join us in our new initiative aimed at
establishing a Continental Center for Student leadership Reflections and
studies which we hope will bring together student leaders from the
continent to find out ways of improving the quality of student
participation in the continent's (national) affairs and also stipulate
clearly the way to ensuring a sustained respect for the right to education
in Africa among many other issues relating to the student fraternity in
Africa.

For more information contact me on: <otambo@globalyouth.com> or
<gomondi33@yahoo.com>.

Omondi Otambo
E-mail: otambo@globalyouth.com

----------

4. LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON LLM IN HUMAN RIGHTS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

Dear Members,

I am looking for any information that may assist me in pursuing an LLM in
Human Rights in the United Kingdom, and possible opportunities for
grants/scholarships.  I am a Canadian/Palestinian Human Rights worker, who
has worked within the field of human rights in the Occupied Palestinian
Territories for the past 8 years.  I would like to pursue an LLM degree in
Human Rights or International Protection of Human Rights in order to
enhance my skills to be better placed to address human rights violations
within the Occupied Palestinian Territories.

I would be grateful to recieve any information that would help at
<hjdocs@hotmail.com>.

Thanks and best wishes,

Hanan Elmasu
E-mail: hjdocs@hotmail.com

----------

5. LOOKING FOR COURSES IN INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE (NUTRITION
IN CONFLICT AND DISASTERS)

Pleasant regards to all on this listserve.

I would really appreciate any information on possible courses on
international humanitarian assistance especially in the area of Nutrition
in Conflict and Disasters, with possible sponsors for students from the
developing countries.

Thanks for the favour.

Victor Ohuruogu
E-mail: vickypax@yahoo.com

----------

6. REQUEST FOR INFORMATION ABOUT NGOs AND OTHER ORGANISATIONS IN THE PEACE
MOVEMENT

Greetings ~

The ABA Human Rights Committee E-Newsletter is planning a feature for next
month on the "Peace Movement."  NGOs and other groups or organizations
primarily dedicated to promoting world peace are encouraged to forward
their group name, website address, email address and a brief (50 word of
less) description of the work being done by their organization to
<russell@kerrlawfirm.com>.

A list of the organizations will be included together in the "Featured
Website" section of our newsletter next month.  The free, weekly
newsletter is a forum for posting information of interest to human rights
attorneys, activists and educators. To subscribe to the ABA International
Human Rights Committee listserv visit
<http://www.abanet.org/scripts/listcommands.jsp?parm=subscribe/inthumrights>

Please forward this message to others that may be involved in this field.

Regards,

Russell Kerr
E-mail: russell@kerrlawfirm.com

======== Global Human Rights Education listserv ========