Requests for information: 4 - 10 September 2000

Dear members,

Below is a compilation of requests for information sent to the Global
Human Rights Education listserv over the past week. As was announced
earlier, HREA intends to bundle queries into one message, which will be
distributed on the list once a week.

At the bottom of each request you will find an e-mail address, so that you
can respond to the request directly.

-----------------------

LOOKING FOR MATERIALS FOR HRE FOR CHILDREN OUT OF SCHOOL (INDIA)

Dear friends in HRE circle,

Centre of Concern for Child Labour started its Human Rights Education
Programme in 1991. During past few years we have realised that in poor
countries more and more children drop out after grade three or four. In
India alone some 70 million children in the age group of 6-14 are out of
school. The HREP-CCFCL since past three years is concentrating on
developing educational material for out-of-school children. We have
greatly benefitted ideas which we come across through invaluable services
provided by <hr-education>.

We are looking for more HRE material for children out of school in the age
group of 8-12 and 13-16. We would be grateful to receive such information
and material. Also all such institutions and NGOs doing similar work need
to come together to forge a network. Ideas please!

Thanks,

Dr. Joseph Gathia, Director

Please send information to the following address:

Human Rights Education Programme
Centre of Concern for Child Labour
201 Pankaj Tower Mayur Vihar-I
New Delhi 110091 India
e-mail: ccfcl@giasdl01.vsnl.net.in

----------

LOOKING FOR SCHOLARSHIP FOR MASTERS DEGREE IN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH LAW (CONGO)

I am a Congolese refugee in Kampala. I got my degree in Agriculture in
Congo. I am very interested in your offer concerning education. But I do
not know if my qualification will be the equivalent to do masters in
Judicial Science. Nevertheless, I would like to request the form for
graduate in Reproductive health law so that I could apply for
scholarships. I hope my letter will be considered.

Yours faithfully,

Liabe agasuru
C/o Refugee Law Project
P.O.Box 33903
Kampala
Uganda
E-mail: rlp@infocom.co.ug

----------

LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON REHABILITATION OF CHILD VICTIMS OF TORTURE (USA)

Hello,

Someone gave me this address with the message that you might be doing work
rehabilitating children who have undergone torture. If this is the case,
could you send me some information or an Internet address where I might
find such information.

Thank you.

Darrell Schramm
Editor, Human Rights Education: The Fourth R
E-mail: schrammd@usfca.edu

----------

SEEKING HELP WITH DISTRIBUTION OF BOOK (MACEDONIA)

Kosovo p(a)ediatrician Dr. Flora Brovina is in prison in Serbia on a
spurious 12-year sentence.

According to information, she has written a new book and some folks need
help getting the book distributed.

Suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

Marian Douglas
dasha@unet.com.mk